SightLine Applications, LLC is the leader in onboard video processing. SightLine is looking for a talented candidate to join our empowered team of software professionals dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our growing customer base. SightLine is an agile, innovative company developing onboard video processing systems for the autonomous vehicle industry (UAV, drone, robot, etc.). We are looking for someone enthusiastic about making a significant contribution.
Purpose of Position
Based in either the Portland or Hood River office, the role will work with our existing software groups on continuously improving our existing products and new product development. An ideal candidate is looking for a chance to work to find solutions to challenging image-processing problems
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop C/C++ video processing algorithm software on the latest Linux multi-core processors.
- Work on embedded video processors used in security and surveillance products (autonomous, airborne, ground, and other applications).
- Directly support customers.
- Collaborate with diverse teams of experienced software developers.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of SW Engineering, the business development group, and your team to craft development plans in support of product roadmaps.
- Rapidly develop new skills.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (preferred computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, mathematics, physics, music, or other relevant degree).
- 3–10 years of C/C++ computer vision software development
- Experience designing algorithms in C/C++ in one of the following domains: video, image, audio, or signal processing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Beneficial Experience (preferred, not required)
- Software unit testing and use of version control (SVN, GIT)
- Embedded Linux software development in C/C++
- Software optimization experience on ARM, GPU, or DSP processors
- Working knowledge of digital video/audio streaming/recording standards (e.g., H.264/HVEC)
- Worked with or implemented embedded hardware drivers.
Salary Range: $105k to $140k annually, depending on experience.
Compensation includes salary, 11 paid holidays, PTO (20 days earned over the first year), health insurance, dental, vision, life/disability, 401K match, incentive plan, schedule flexibility, parental leave, and education reimbursement.
SightLine Applications has two offices: Hood River and Portland, OR. The Hood River office includes sales, software engineering, and support teams. Our Portland office includes manufacturing, software, hardware engineering, and QA teams. The two offices are in constant communication and get together regularly to discuss ongoing projects and new opportunities. We work in an open office setting where we actively communicate about projects and customers throughout the day. SightLine is a member of the Gorge Technology Alliance and regularly sponsors Capstone teams at Portland State University.
SightLine Applications, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. Our ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts help us to continually improve support for employees.
Don’t think this job description is the perfect fit? Send us your resume and a cover letter telling us who you are and why you want to work at SightLine. We’re always looking for new talent to add to our team.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at www.sightlineapplications.com
No recruiters, please.
Download a PDF version.