SightLine is looking for a talented candidate to join our creative team of software professionals dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our growing customer base. We are seeking a software engineer to join our R&D group located in Hood River, Oregon. SightLine Applications is a small, dynamic company developing on-board video processing systems for the unmanned vehicle industry (UAV, UAS, drone, robot).
Develop software for SightLine’s on-board embedded video processors used in the airborne security and surveillance markets. You will have the opportunity for rapid skill development and creative problem solving. You will work directly with customers and experienced developers to deliver state of the art video processing algorithms on the latest Linux multi-core processors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-10 years C/C++ software development industry experience
- Video, image or signal processing algorithm design in C/C++
- Strong interpersonal or customer interaction skills
- Takes initiative and can work effectively in a team environment
- US citizen or green card holder
Bonus Skills (one or more desired but not required)
- Software unit test and use of version control
- Embedded Linux or Android software development in C/C++
- Software optimization experience on DSP, ARM or GPU processors
- Working knowledge of digital video/audio streaming/recording standards (e.g. H.264)
- Worked with or implemented video acquisition hardware and software drivers
- Working experience with command and control protocols over serial port or Ethernet
- Compensation includes salary, paid holidays, PTO, health plan, 401K, and stock option plan. Salary Range: $80,000 to $110,000 per year, depending on experience
SightLine Applications leads the industry in onboard video processing used in unmanned systems (UAS, drone, robot, etc.). We are committed to providing extraordinary products and support to our US and international customer base.
The SightLine office in Hood River includes the sales/marketing group and engineering. When we are not forced to work from home, we work in an open office plan and actively communicate about projects and customers throughout the day. Our office has fresh coffee (roasted locally) and a casual work environment. We are looking for someone that is eager to join the team and is excited about Hood River.
SightLine also has an office in Portland, which includes production, HW engineering, SW engineering and support. The two offices are in constant communication (email, telephone, Slack) and get together on a regular schedule (weekly telecon, monthly in-person) to discuss ongoing projects and new opportunities.
SightLine Applications, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our web site at www.sightlineapplications.com
No recruiters, please.